Saturday, July 22, 2006

Drumming at the Seattle Black Pride Picnic


Greetings,

My name is Quentin Ergane and I am a drummer. I would like to invite all other drummers, dancers and others to join me for a drum circle Sunday, July 23, 2006 at the Seattle Black Pride BBQ and Picnic at Pratt Park at 2:00 pm.

The reason I would like to organize a drum circle is because I know there are at least two drumming groups that are GBLTQQISGLF and one that is composed of that community and B/black women (Sistah Drum and Different Drummers). It is not that I feel I am the most qualified to lead it, but I long to drum with people of my community and I feel it would an excellent way to see other drummers in our community, to get together, network, share knowledge, skill, and laughter, and find a whole new community together.

If you are reading this message and do not know about the Seattle Black Pride taking place this weekend (July 21 – 23, 2006), please check out http://www.seattleblackpride.org to learn more about the events taking place and about this wonderful organization which seeks to bring together everyone in our TIFSGLQQLBG community to celebrate the diversity of the B/black GBLTSGLIQQF community.

Please post this far and wide.

Direct any questions to kyooverse at gmail dot com and I hope to see you there.

Heart and Rhythm,

Quentin Ergane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home