Monday, August 07, 2006

Staying your path


trelif


One of the hardest things to do, once you know what it is you want to do, is to stay your path.

Sometimes, especially after the AmeriCorps debacle, I have felt that I wandered off my path and into the jungle and goddess only knows if I would be seen again. And then today, de-cluttering my house, I came across something I wrote on the back of an envelop when I was 22, three names:

Jean Baudrillard
Jacques Derrida
Hakim Bey

and realized, with glee, that I am right where I am supposed to be as I have been reading Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation all year, reading about Derrida through secondary sources (and I watched the excellent documentary about him on Sundance last Jan. 05)... Bey is left.

What I am getting at here, is that we are always given sermons about how to cut and run, but no one talks about staying a course. Understanding that you are moving in a certain direction for a reason, to meet a purpose, and walking that/those paths. Maybe our ideas about freedom creates this impulse within us, and I am not saying it wrong, but I am saying that beside this impulse, besides these cut and run sermons, we should also talk about staying our path or, at the very least, realizing that our path is always before us -- no matter what.

Sometimes, I am so amazed by life. Amazed by how, no matter what happens or what is done, every move made is the "correct" move. Every one. Everything we go thru leads us to this moment and informs who we are within this moment, this context, and how... how holy that is.

... I have nothing else to say that would not be recirculation.


Consider staying your path and standing your ground(s) rather than cutting and running sometimes.

Peace,

Ergane

teamomre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home