Monday, March 20, 2006

Comic La-La Land


Image hosting by Photobucket
- Mister Miracle 4: Forever Flavored Man written by Grant Morrison, art by Freddie E. Williams II

I am posting this image because, gotdamnit, I am gonna force fed some culture into this community.

That picture up there is nominated for a Glyph.

I don't claim to be the most hardcore comic person or anything... I have a thing for Grant Morisson is all. My partner is more into graphic novels... but... damn -- wouldyalookatthat?.

Did anyone read that comic and sit back and went, "Damn."?

*dreamy*

Currently, I am having a Kali-ma movement of these proportions:

Image hosting by Photobucket
- Bulleteer 4: Bad Girls, written by Grant Morrison, art by Yanick Paquette

So, I am really into Seven Soldiers written by Grant Morrison with different artists, inkers, etc. ("of Victory" is part of the trade comic, but the comic books only have "Seven Soldiers"). Anyway, Ryan caught us up the other day -- I wanted to share with you all, but I have been mired in a project on the real life side that I call: "The Stop Lying to Yourself about Others" campaign. It includes necessary cleaning. You'd think, being as old as I am, I would not tremble before the challenge of making myself plain. But... I do. I am not the people pleaser I was/could be, but I can't shake wanting to be liked sometimes... even by people I know are unrepentant jerkfaces.

But enough is enough is enough is enough, eh?

I don't think enough people listen to Sweet Honey in the Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home