Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WASL is all I see

So, things are trucking along. This week and next week, the students are taking the WASL. 3-5. Since my new office is around them, I can sorta feel their... nerves. I don't blame them, I am nervous, too.

You heard me right, new office. Autumn had a feeling she needed to get back into her work and that room _was_ really smell. It wasn't done as well as I would have liked which caused some friction. In the end, everything is fine. Under the bridge. We're back to being the dynamic duo.

Yesterday, I taught the guided reading by myself using a lesson my site supervisor, Teresa, and I came up with together. It was AMAZING! Amazing because I was scared, scared they would smell how I didn't know as much of the pedagogy as I feel I have to know (to that end, I have started reading _The Daily Five: Fostering Literacy Independence in the Elementary Grades_), but it really went well. Natalia was a bit of a pill, but then I believe it is because she doesn't read so well. ..

*break*

Went downstairs to Mrs. Woo's class to pick up Kaitleen -- although I am actually pretty tuckered out. I ate a gob of chocolate covered esperesso beans and nodded towards my goddess. So, no Kaitleen, BUT both of them later. That is agreeable with me. Autumn isn't here, Teresa isn't here, and I could read my book, and we both know I'll fall asleep. But that's nowhere. Nowhere.

We're supposed to go over reporting today. *moment* And we shall @ 2:30 pm.

Right now, I am watching Ebbisa. Isn't that a great name? Cute kid. Did something bad, but really, Mr. Finney is on edge. "Bad" is talking out of turn, shouting out answers instead of raising your hand. And while anyone will agree that this is bad, it still goes overboard to remove him (and now another) from class or take away a recess.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home